'If she doesn't know who Nirvana was, she's too young for you, bro!' -100.7 The Zone Toledo.
It's obviously funny because my generation grew up listening to Nirvana. Then I sat there and let the statement resonate into the bottom of my squishy brain. Whoa. Nirvana is now considered classic rock to the generation below me. I am a grown-up (Well, I most certainly try to be a grown-up). There's a generation below me who doesn't know Nirvana. I am officially a part of the classic rock era. Oh-my-god-I-am-seriously-an-adult. Will I be wiser one day and make a reference to Nirvana, or any other awesome band of the 90s, and a teenager will look at me like I'm ancient? Will I feel that way about myself?
I will be a college grad in May. My daughter will be 2 in June. I will be sent out into the jungle of life like a carcass with real problems. Career goals and letdowns, student loan payments, raising Everly into an even bigger human, and allowing myself to expand. Spoiler alert- I'm terrified.
I had not dealt with these feelings until now. I always knew those problems existed, but I guess I had never thought in depth about them until I listened to the radio. Stupid radio.
At this point I should just allow myself to feel comfortable and only listen to music on my ipod. You know, in a world where Nirvana still makes music and classic rock is still considered, "Sweet Child of Mine."
Please generation below me, can you do me a favor? Can you NEVER refer to music from the 90s to be classic for a least another 10 years? Okay, thanks.
"I
don't care what you think unless it is about me / It is now my duty to
completely drain you / I travel through a tube and end up in your
infection."
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
"I
don't care what you think unless it is about me / It is now my duty to
completely drain you / I travel through a tube and end up in your
infection."
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
"I
don't care what you think unless it is about me / It is now my duty to
completely drain you / I travel through a tube and end up in your
infection."
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
"I
don't care what you think unless it is about me / It is now my duty to
completely drain you / I travel through a tube and end up in your
infection."
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
Read More: 10 Best Nirvana Lyrics | http://diffuser.fm/best-nirvana-lyrics/?trackback=tsmclip
No comments:
Post a Comment