Saturday, August 9, 2014

I casually hate you.

I hate casual dating.

Hate.  It.  

Here are my top ten reasons why my recent experience with it allows me to hate it:

1.) Casual means casual.  Casual does not mean full blown relationship.  Therefore, when I don't return a phone call or text, that does not make me a bad person.  It means I have a fucking life and you're not part of every waking second of it.

2.) If you're trying to make me jealous, chances are I won't be.  Look, bang other people if that's your thing.  However, that is NOT my thing.  Also, I'm not your fucking girlfriend.  I don't give a rats ass.

3.) I'm not including you in my moving plans.  I have way too many shoes and sweaters.  I wouldn't have room for you in my closet, anyway.

4.) Dinner and a movie once in awhile.  I repeat, dinner and a movie once in awhile.  Again, dinner and a movie once in awhile.  

5.) I'm not your fucking girlfriend.

6.) No.  Based on my little "casual dating research" that I have done, my daughter is 100% not involved.  Stop inviting her to tag along.  It's weird.  And somewhat creepy.

7.) Hinting to me that your laundry is dirty isn't going to convince me to come over and wash it.  I'm no housewife, nor will I ever be.

8.) I'm not your fucking girlfriend.

9.) Casual dating does not entail constantly begging me to take my pants off. 

10.) Don't say 'I love you' ever.  Ever.  Ever.

Bonus reason- I'm not your fucking girlfriend.

Needless to say, I'm not enjoying my time.  If anything, I'm only wasting it.  

I'm either going to be that 40 year old who lives alone and who's daughter ignores my phone calls, or I'm going to have cats.  Lots. Of. Cats.  Let's all cross fingers that the man I'm in love with (even after being brutally dumped four months ago) comes to his senses and realizes he still loves me too.  

My expectations are low.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, don't knock being 40 and having Lots. Of. Cats. It's a perfectly valid lifestyle! *weeps*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're happy though! I'd be miserable considering my vast distaste for animals. Lol.

    ReplyDelete