Today I had a minor meltdown on the phone to my mother while dropping Everly off at daycare before work. I cried and told her I felt like a big, fat loser who lives in a closet at my parent's house with my toddler. She told me it wasn't true, of course, since that is her motherly duty. However, then I was snarky and threatened to pull out the tape measure and compare my living quarters to a walk-in closet and she quickly dropped that thought. I know I'm only in a period in my life when things are meant to suck because I'm post grad, a young mom, and in my twenties which by the way, have not been so kind to me. My mom tries to remind me that "You've got a lot going for you! You have your degree!" I then remind her that it is framed, in a crate, facing the wall. That's because looking at it makes me feels worse and reinstates the loseresque feeling I have. Oh, and my stupid car has been giving me grief. My car is definitely a boy car, so it does makes sense for it to want to give up on me and force me to replace his expensive parts (ha!). All in all, I feel like buckets of crap. Awesome.
I mean, other people feel this way after graduating college, right? Am I the only person who has had post-grad depression? Let me tell you, I felt way better after having hip surgery March than I do right now.
I need to do something new. Something for me that makes me feel like I have a creative outlet again.
Suggestions?
I'm all ears.
No comments:
Post a Comment